FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. At what age can I get the instruction permit?
When you are at least 15 years old, and
Parent/legal guardian consent required to obtain an instruction permit.
Must be enrolled in an approved driver education course (this course), and must pass vision and written tests.
2. What is the fee for this Teenage Driver Training course?
It is $425 inluding 30 hours in classroom and 6 hours behind the wheel (BTW) instruction and 6 hours observation. It is $325 for BTW only.
3. How can I register the course?
Please fill in Registration and Eligibility Form, as well as Driver Education Approval Form at Admission page. Then sign and mail or scan and email to us with $100 check deposit (if email, scan front and backl).
4. How long will the in classroom instruction be?
Each class will be 2 hours and 3-4 days a week for 4 weeks.
5. How the behind-the -wheel traing be conducted? Each session will be 1.5 hours. It will be 8 times distributed to two weeks (drive 6 hours and observe 6 hours). Students must take instruction permit when drive. If a student is located within 10 mintues driving distance from our location, we will offer pickup and drop off services for the BTW. Otherwise, the parents need to deliver/pick up he student to/from our location or we will charge extra fees.
6. When can I get my driver's license?
According to state law:
Initial Licensing Phase — Drivers Age 16-17
Permit must be held for a minimum of nine months.
Must not acquire any driving convictions during the nine-month permit phase.
Parent/legal guardian must certify that a minimum of 50 hours of practice driving, including 10 hours at night, has been completed. Form is here:DSD X 152.3.
Parent/legal guardian must accompany teen to provide written consent to obtain a driver’s license, OR complete and notarize an Affidavit/Consent for Minor to Drive form.
Must have completed a state-approved driver education course (this course, i.e., received a blue slip).